Sunday, July 17, 2011

Hiking, Liberty Park, and Yuba Lake

Santaquin Canyon

Here are some pictures of our hike up Santaquin Canyon a couple of weeks ago.  The trail is easy enough that even Abigail walked just about the whole way round trip.  The highlight for the kids was throwing rocks into the river. Natalie was into collecting bugs (at least 10 worms and 3 snails) that she held tightly in her hands.  After stumbling on a rock and scraping her back we made her put them down which resulted in a tearful goodbye.







Liberty Park

I loved going to Liberty Park as a kid and so after the twins had a doctor's appointment in Salt Lake City, we went there for a picnic, meeting my parents and Veronica's two girls, Lili and Sophie.  The park has changed a lot from what I remember.  I think the kid's favorite part was the water play area that had several fountains and wading pools.



 


 Yuba Lake

We headed south to Yuba Lake and spent the afternoon swimming and playing in the sand.  It was not at all crowded and the water drops off very gradually which made it nice for me because I didn't have to worry too much about the kids.