Sunday, September 23, 2012

Back to School


So the kids have been in school for about a month now, I know I'm a bit behind in writing.  I would say Amelia is the most excited to be in school.  She talks about her preschool every day.  Amelia attends the Special Needs preschool through the school district and the bus comes to pick her up at our door.  She almost didn't get admitted to the school since testing shows she's normal in all other areas except motor; however with a bit of pushing I got her in.  She looks so small driving away in the bus that I felt guilty sending her.  But honestly, Amelia is a handful and takes a lot of attention.  With her in preschool I can really focus on Abigail who is often pushed aside since her siblings require my attention more than she does.


Thomas really likes school as well although he reports that he gets his name on the board often.  The teacher tells me that it's because he needs to use his inside voice.  He naturally has a loud booming voice, so I can see her point.  On the other hand, with his loud voice he's a great singer, in fact he's going to sing a solo in next week's primary program in church.

Above is a picture of Thomas with his new glasses.  After completely failing his eye exam (the only letter he got right was the big "E" at the top of the chart), we ordered Thomas some glasses.  We bought these online for only $37 shipped (and they were the expensive frames!) .  Thomas is totally happy with these and I highly recommend ordering from this company http://www.zennioptical.com/ (my mom and sister both ordered from this site as well and are happy with their purchases as well).                         

Natalie seems to be really liking school as well.  Her only complaint is that she has two girls that follow her around all the time and she has to tell them that she can't play with them all the time.  Oh, if life only stayed as complicated as it were in kindergarten.

                   

2 comments:

Camille said...

I love Thomas' glasses and that he is going to sing a solo in church! Amelia does look so tiny. I'm not surprised that girls want to follow Natalie around, who wouldn't?

SSToone said...

Natalie's so cool!! Chris and I both LAUGHED when we read the bit about Thomas at school. So funny. That is FANTASTIC that he's singing a solo. I'm the Primary Pres. and we're working on writing up our presentation now - I'd love to have a kid sing! What an awesome guy! So glad you're having time with just 1 kid at home! Must be slightly weird!

LOVE your updates and thanks for the tip about Zenni. I'm going to look into it for Chris, he needs new glasses!